Dawn is passionate about making a difference in the lives of people - particularly those who are disadvantaged - and utilising her life experiences and skills to help managers and executives to achieve their true potential. Dawn has over 21 year’s experience to Division head (Band 2 level) in the Australian Public Service across a range of portfolios.
Dawn has a background in implementing the government’s agenda in social policy, economic reform, marketing and strategic change management. Her strengths include delivering on strategic imperatives and achieving results through people. Dawn has undertaken the role of coach, mentor and facilitator for staff at Senior Executive and middle management levels over many years and she has a solid understanding of public sector culture, its context and environment.
Dawn has undertaken a number of projects for clients in government, private and not for profit sectors. She has achieved Level 3 Coaching accreditation with the Institute of Executive Coaching. Her coaching work has primarily been with SES, managers and departmental officers within the APS and has a focus on building leadership and people management capabilities, developing high performing teams and successfully managing career progression and transition. She has also coached people to resolve team conflict in the workplace and to address complex staff management issues. Dawn has delivered a number group coaching sessions in the former Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs, Comcare and IATSIS on a range of HR related issues including career planning, resume writing and interview preparation, upward management, managing difficult conversations and stakeholder management.
Areas of Expertise
- Individual and Executive coaching
- Group coaching
- Middle and Senior Management Leadership and People Management training
- Assistance with CV preparation and Interview preparation
- Program and organisational Reviews and Evaluations
- Workshop facilitation
- Public Sector Reform and change management
- Service Delivery and interaction with Policy development
- Leadership Development and Performance Management.
- Strategic planning and policy development
- Relationship management; developing and sustaining strategic alliances and relationships with multiple stakeholders
- International aid
- Indigenous services